The yarn tension measuring device LC is designed as a long-term measuring unit and monitors or measures the yarn tension during an ongoing yarn processing operation.
This tension meter was originally developed by CREALET on a precise customer request: “Develop a precise warp tension monitoring on ribbon looms with negative warp let-off.”
Since this type of warp tension regulation usually cannot ensure a uniform warp tension from the full to the empty warp beam, serious problems can arise in the production of more sophisticated fabrics.
For such applications new Tension Meter LC can be very useful.
It puts you in total control:
- The tension meter shows the current, minimum and maximum warp tension on a display.
- In case of deviations, the negative warp tension control can be adjusted.
- The tension meter can be equipped with two measuring heads so that the warp tension of two warp beams can be measured and monitored.
- For long-term measurements, the tension meter can be attached to a DIN Rail bracket to the weaving machine.
- Changing the tension meter to another weaving machine is very easy.
- Alternatively, the tension meter can also be used as a portable meter.
Interfaces and visualizations
The digital display can send measurements via a CANopen or USB interface to a remote computer for visualization of the measurements. Several devices can be connected via the CAN interface to visualize several measurements simultaneously.
For low tension and small yarn groups
The measuring head can be easily inserted into the warp sheet due to its simple construction. With a Velcro tape attached to the cable of the measuring head and to the loom, it is held in position. Additional attachment points on the measuring head also allow a rigid attachment to the loom.
- Yarn groups of up to 20 mm can be measured with the measuring head
- The lightweight construction allows measurements without affecting the warp tension
- For small warp repeat patterns
- Measuring range 100N, 200N, 600N
- The measuring head can be used for fast mobile measurements or for long-term measurements
- Cable length 2 m
For high tension and wide yarn groups
For large warp repeat patterns made with Jacquard machines, a wide range of measurement is advantageous. These measuring heads can also be used for very high warp tension. However, due to the high dead weight, the measuring head must be mechanically fastened to the weaving machine, or it can be fastened to the profile of the warp stop motion on wide looms with high warp tension.
- Yarn groups of up to 100 mm can be measured with the measuring head
- For large warp repeat patterns
- Measuring range 50N, 100N, 300N, 500N
- 2 rotating deflecting rollers
- Ropes for attaching the Measuring Head to the profile of the warp stop motion
- Cable length 2 m